View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #6
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
With loads you note running there is a fair draw on your battery bank.

I've had 400 watts of Renogy panels but different other parts (four Trojan T-105's, Morningstar controller and Triminic minitor) for five years now on our Monty and it's worked extremely well. Some suggestions:

Get a Big Buddy or a wall mounted catalytic propane heater, and set it on low when it starts getting cold. Our floor plan won't let me use a wall mount so I use a Big Buddy. If you can't easily hook a heater to your propane, just get a hose and filter, and use a small tank to run it. This will SERIOUSLY cut your furnace cycling down and it uses no DC at all.

My wife has a CPAP as well. Her unit lets her remove the humidifier and she doesn't use the heat function at all. (Maybe she'd want to if the ambient air was really cold?) You should try this and see what you like.

Have you separated all the other current draws off your batteries/inverter? Anything that makes heat is a major one, like an absorption refrigerator (ours is). Keep that on propane. If you've a residential and/or powered cooler, you're in problematic land and probably will have to up your solar game.