Thread: Storing Food
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I think an insurance company lost a suit once over this and this is why moving companies do not allow aerosols to be tranported. All it takes is one lawsuit for a mishap that happens once and the nervous beancounters come up with a new rule.

I have heard/read an aerosol can will explode if the conditions are right and I don't know what those conditions are. I do know they are under some kind of pressure and for this reason handlers don't want to worry about handling them. We've moved our households a few times by moving companies and this was the requirement. I don't question it and leave these items out of their responsibilities. I either give them to someone else or "use them up", but I'll respect their requirements. It's simple enough to avoid.

As for the original topic, we don't store food in the rig but we don't go out as much as most. The rig is stored with everything else, though. The only items to stock the rig with for our outings are our clothing and some food items (a day or so worth). We prefer to shop locally at our destination versus carrying all the weight of the food enroute.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote