View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 05:27 PM   #28
laverdur
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11972
I have the Trav'ler 1000 that I used with a VIP612 until I upgraded to a Wally DVR. If you move your Wally from home to the RV, you will need to perform the check switch function each time you relocate the Wally. Other than that, if works well. If the roof of your Monty is curved from side to side, be sure that the dish can be installed according to the instructions or you will risk damage to the dish and your Monty, I had to have aluminum wedges fabricated to fill the void between the roof and the base of the dish. The coax in my Monty works perfectly for the satellite system. My dealer (not CW) ran the two coax cables and the control cable across the roof and made a roof penetration above the fridge. The coax cables were terminated at the two connectors in the convenience center. The control cable was run across the pass-through storage bay and forward to where the drain for the washing machine is located. The control cable was then snaked up into the wardrobe where the control box is located. Such an installation does require the extender cable from Winegard.