View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #50
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
jgeorger, We live up in Lake Tahoe and our house is close to 7,000 feet, and every time we bring the 5ver up to get ready for a trip, we have to go over an 11% grade on Brockway summit to get to our house, and then in our neighborhood to get up to our house it is about a 15% grade. Plus being on the mountainous west side of America, we have done many mountain passes, and the most notable to date was the Teton Pass that was a 10% grade for 5 miles straight. The best i could do with all of the RAM's power and 4.10 gears was 45 mph . That was plenty as the speed limit I think is around 50 mph because of the turns, but still, I could not hold the speed limit with the pedal to the floor. So I am very happy with the 4.10 gears. Plus the wimpy tank they give you is only 32 gallons. I dropped the OEM tank out and slipped in a 55 gallon Titan tank in the same spot and it has a kevlar shield under it to protect against road hazards, since it is about 2" lower than the oem tank. So diesel fill ups with the 5ver attached is something we never do.