View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Thanks for the Memories.........

Thanks for the Memories.......

Thanks from the 2009 Lake Siskiyou rally:

....A big thank you to Don & Claudia Moore (Searchers) who have for five years now taken on the responsibility of reserving the clubroom and overseeing the cleaning and security of it. Each year they have also reserved the caterer, “Tony & Eileen’s BBQ” of Dunsmuir, and collected the money from all the attendees. They have put in extra time dealing "behind the scenes" with the campground and ensuring that we have a smooth rally. Thank you Don & Claudia. I sincerely appreciate your year long efforts and know all the rally attendees do also....

....Stiles Watson (StilesWatson) for the designing and printing of our nametags....

....Don Kidd (Capt Kidd) who graciously printed our rally books again this year and also might be able to get those Dancing Flowers away from the West Coast!....

....Doug Henry (DHenry) who hauls around an enormous amount of MOC merchandise and makes it available for all of us to be able to buy....

....Mike Brown & Renee Traversino (Gofnuts) who, even though they couldn’t make it to the rally, did the entire advance organizing of the Meet & Greet....

....The Baggie Omelet breakfast was a superb event with Mariana McCamy (LijeBaley) at the helm of the organization. Kudos to all the omelet cooks who slaved away over the boiling pots of water cooking all 65 omelets....

....to Doug Hatton (D-and-M-On-The-Road) and Kevin Halfacre (PartyCrashers) for the organization of the Fishing Derby that drew fishermen & women of the MOC down to the water to fish. We had 48 packets of fish wrapped and cooked on the bbq for the fish eaters to enjoy with their Sunday night dinners.... The winners of our Fishing Derby were Ron Welch (Ron-n-Ginger) with a 18-3/4” rainbow trout and Carl Youngren (Carl-n-Susan) with a 16-1/8” rainbow trout....

....To our campfire masters Dave Anderson (DaveAnderson) and Gary Kelly (LittleSpud) who gave us bonfires!....

....Again thanks to Doug Henry (DHenry) for organizing the White Elephant Gift Exchange. What a fabulous time that was! People have mentioned the improvement in the quality of the gifts this year and many thanks to everyone for that!....

....Doug Henry (DHenry) also ran the Sunday morning raffle and with the help of Bill McCamy (LijeBaley) who relentlessly sold tickets and they raised over $600 for the MOC!! Way to go Doug & Bill!!....

....And many, many thanks to those who helped with setup and cleanup after each event....

....I know I must be omitting some names and I truly apologize for that. It takes many people to run a successful rally and thank you to all who stepped forwards.

....I wish I could comment on the Monday night Casa Ramos dinner but "What Happens at Casa Ramos, Stays At Casa Ramos"

....On Sunday I was approached by some non-MOC campers from Antioch, CA who told me what a wonderful group we have. These campers were having some difficulties with their trailer and two or three MOC members came to their rescue and helped with fixing their problem. These folks were amazed at the friendliness of the MOC members and wanted to say thank you again....

....A final thank you to all who came from near and far for the rally. I hope you have safe travels in all your adventures on the road. For those of you traveling on to Coos Bay and then the Seven Feathers rally.... I'M JEALOUS!.... Have a great time.

....The MOC is truly filled with special people and it's never more evident than at a MOC rally because....

“The MOC isn’t just a group of people, they’re family”