View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #17
johnp4191
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6664
We have a 2003 2880 and bought a Curt hitch when we got our tana in 2007. There was a lot of movement between the king pin and the hitch, so I contacted them. They are located in Eau Claire WI, so we drove to the plant and they measured the jaw and found it was out of spec in its closing. They actually replaced the hitch and measured it to be sure it had clearance that was within spec. They were very nice and took care of the issue quickly. That said, we have tried to use the slider a couple of weeks ago and actually had to drop the trailor, move the slider and rehook, before we could back into our back driveway. Not too convienent. DH is a big guy and he could not get the slider mechanism to properly release. We tried moving forward and back, but couldn't get it to move. We haven't contacted them since we first worked with them, so I don't know if they would have any fix for the slider not properly releasing. I'm kind of wishing we had bought an autoslider.I know they are a lot of money, but if anything ever happened to DH there is no way I'd be able to get that hitch to slide. Judi
johnp4191 is offline   Reply With Quote