View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 07:57 AM   #65
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
Not to put down teachers, but my wife was a speech therapist for 35 years. She admits that teachers don't put in the hours now like they used to just 10 years ago. Also, in the 1950s or 60s women really had little choice in jobs. Either a nurse or a teacher. So the better women were entering the teaching profession. Now they become doctors, lawyers etc and those left become teachers. Seems bad to say it this way, but makes sense to me.
As much as this seems like an explanation, it is not true. I know several teachers, both current and 10,20,30 years ago, and was one myself in the early 2000s. Teachers now are working more and harder hours than ever. I would challenge you to really get to know a current teacher, and then re-evaluate your assumption. This kind of attitude puts blame for a societal problem that is mostly related to globalization squarely on a group of people who are working harder than most for our futures.