View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #22
decarteaux
Established Member

M.O.C. #26474
Turns out I got yet another little problem, but it's probably an easy fix. I was working running that ground cable to the chassis when I found that there was a chassis ground already installed nearby, so I went to connect to that one and got a bit of a spark as I pulled that ground cable off the chassis. Have not checked the voltage across that yet, but definitely suspect a short to ground in the system somewhere, and my primary suspicions are the controller and/or the ext/ret switch. I'll get to those later tonight when it cools down a bit.

Just by way of commentary, the wiring colorization of this contraption is like a fruit salad. I am sure it has a purpose what with purple wires and such, perhaps for labeling in the schematics, but I like my red/black or green/black/white scenarios. Fortunately, this harness is not that complicated. Still considering installing separate switch(es).

decarteaux in Fallon, NV
2008 Montana 3400RL, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Laramie w/Cummins 5.9L 24 valve TurboDiesel. Andersen Ultimate hitch
decarteaux is offline   Reply With Quote