Thread: Cell phone
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 05:21 AM   #44
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
I guess I'll add my two cents on cell phones. We have Cingular National Family Plan with 850 min. National is NO roaming, NO long distance.
My wife and I both have phones, hers and older Nokia 6340i and mine is a newer Motorola
V551, our married daughter uses my old 6340i. We have traveled to the west coast and had pretty good reception in most areas but as with any service there will be dead zones. Our worst reception in right here at home (just outside Waco, Tx.), there seems to be a dead zone in just a small area surronding our location. Also at Lake Whitney just to our north has a dead zone because of the ownership of the cell service in that area, but a plug-in antenna stuck to the metal posts of the shelter gives me a good signal, ( if only we had of been smart enough to buy cell areas back when, wow). I am still trying to figure out how to use one of the phones to connect to the internet. My phone is Blue tooth equiped and our laptop is Bluetooth compatable also, can't seem to be able to find a sales or tech person who can tell me how this works. They are quick with answers for computers running on microsoft operating systems but we are Mac lovers still and there just doesn't seen to be any help for us. I just wait until I get to a place where I can plug in to do what I need to do. If anyone has a solution for this situation, please respond. Thanks
One thing to check on a regular basis, get your phone updated. My phone is only one year old and it needed two items updated, my wife's needed six, these are update so your phone will recognize the new tower's etc., this is important since AT&T merged with Cingular because now you have all the old AT&T towers to connect through as well as all Cingular's
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote