View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 09:55 AM   #26
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
We have the similar 3731FL we bought in late 2017. We are half timers and this is our third winter in the south and looks like we'll be here awhile longer. I really like the changes to the floorplan they did with your model. One question though, can you get to either bathroom with the slides in? Important for stops on the road.
We "camped" in the driveway with ours for two weeks when we first got it because our real shake down was going to be a 1000 mi. trip. Found most of the minor issues and fixed most of them myself. We're on our third microwave and it looks like this one may be a keeper. Other than that only minor issues till this year when I managed to bend an axel. Still scratching my head how it happened.
Have done many "mods" to the rig the largest being removing one couch and the theater seating, extending the floor on the one couch slide and getting individual recliners. We found after two years that we never needed both couches and we disliked the theater seating and that space wasn't large enough for two recliners. Now we have one recliner in that space with a side table and lamp and the other recliner is in the space of the ODS couch.
So, we usually head back to NY in May but it looks like there is no place to stay along the way. We usually take four days going 250 miles per day. We could be down here through June. Fortunately we have a site on our daughters property and see the grand kids often so we're ok, but we also have grandchildren in the North that we miss dearly.
Hope you have many years of enjoyment with your 5er and you'll find this forum to be of great heal along the way as we have.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote