Thread: Any Gatherings?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
July sounds like a long time to wait for breaking in a new rig.

I understand PackerFan's sense of having these outings sooner than later and just for a few days out. When we first got our rig, we used it for frequent short-term trips to practice the set up and breakdown with little time to forget in between. We'd leave Friday night (after work), drive a few miles away to arrive early enough not to create a nuisance. This is how I learned to hate late arrivals. I had to stop too early and didn't always finish setting up and would complete it the next day. Then we'd enjoy our one day stay. We'd break down late the next day and head home. This allowed us to practice hooking up, towing, parking and/or backing the rig, setup, a little usage, then break down, head home and park the Monty at home.

Sorry I can't help, Packer Fan since I live a couple thousand miles away and I would suck at winter RVing. In your case, I'm sure it's more of a case of just using the new rig (how about a tailgater at a Packer game)! I hope you get out there soon. Good luck with the weather. I hear Wisconsin can get on the cool side during these next few months.

Congratulations on the new Monty!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote