View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 12:43 PM   #18
Todd & Mary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-CI View Post
Our LiFePo4 batteries are currently in the front compartment. As we expand our system, the plan is to move everything aft of the rear wall of the pass-through baggage compartment. That way the batteries will be heated by the furnace in an area that is pretty much wasted space anyway. Good luck with your planning and endeavors.
I originally planned to put all my solar there as well in my 3761fl, but by the time I got the inverter and all 4 of my MPPT controllers, 2 gallon water pressure pot in there wasn't enough room for the batteries, so went in the front compartment, I was NEVER planning on travel in the cold but here I am in SD waiting for a blizzard and with a small space heater in the compartment to keep the batteries warm! IN light of this I purchased heat matts I was planning on putting under the batteries to keep them warm. But alas 1 was bad and I had to return both so I installed the heater.
Take my advice put the batteries in a heated compartment!