Thread: Tire Wear
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #51
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalandLinda View Post
Inflating tires to the load carried is a commercial tire application (big rigs). One of the stipulations when doing so is to use an inflation pressure for the tire carrying the heaviest load and insure the others on that axle are all inflated to that value.

RV trailer tires are inflated in accordance with the vehicle manufacturers recommendations and the standards published by the USTMA.

It's very difficult to under inflate a RV trailer tire because the vehicle manufacturer almost always has recommended maximum inflation pressures for all Original Equipment Tires.

The USTMA standard states to "NEVER use inflation pressures below what has been recommended by the vehicle manufacturer."
Many of us are running other size tires ,and weight ratings on our fifth wheels. All of my fifth wheels have had ST235/80/16's either E rated or Grated, and I have upgraded to ST235/85 /16's G rated . Although I don't run max inflation, nor follow a weight chart . I run my G rated tires as said before @ 95-100, and have done so without issues for many years.

I have no tire wear as shown by the OP. I reported earlier about the weight chart sent to me by Sailun, just a bit too low of pressures for my liking on the weights. I will stick to what has worked, I will never inflate my G rated tires to 110 psi. They are rated for 4400 lbs at that inflation. I have a long ways to go before I reach those weights on a tire. If ,and when I do then I will inflate to 110 psi.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote