View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #70
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
MicroAire thermostat install

Installed my 2 (451) last weekend and all went well and very easy. If you dont want to cut wires off the old Dometic and strip for the new one, take a very small flat screwdriver.

In 2.5 years of owning my 2019 3731, the ACs never worked correctly, with the usual issues of fans cutting off, short cycling, only runs on high, stops cooling etc. These new thermostat make it work perfect so far except for only issue is that the compressor in the rear heat pump unit (which I had never used before) runs a long time (5 to 10 minutes), makes the typical heat pump pressure change sound, then the fan comes on.

On a side issue, I also had problems with never knowing if the residential AC would stay on when on battery, as the inverter is mounted sideways and upside down such that the display cant be read. After 2 trips of having warm food in the refer, I just stopped using it unless on shore power. I also tried to turn the thing off while not using the RV (in stays plugged into shore power) but could not. Discovered the Kitchen 2 breaker cuts off the refer along with a few outlets and you have disable or unplug power to the transfer switch
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote