View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 04:10 AM   #34
jhudson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13711
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rames14

I respect the fact that many people have had issues with their Montanas. However, for many others, this is the first opportunity for them to hear about the Montanas that we own. We are on our second Montana and we will have a third, God willing. We did have a few issues, some that would be considered major items (new axles, new tires, frame flex, TV). However, as with all of the RV industry, the majority of the content comes from the same vendors regardless of brand. Firms like Lippert, Dexter, Samsung, Suburban, Goodyear, Mor Ryde, etc supply the main components in a fifth wheel. Montana has been very good over the years at listening and making changes. The MOC group has been instrumental in these changes and hopefully will continue to be a change agent in the years to come. For those with issues, I hope that they are resolved to your satisfaction. For those of you on the fence abou purchasing a Montana, there are a few things that the Montana offers that others don't. For us, the MOC is one of those things.
Well said. Over the years,(started this enjoyment in 1980) we have had two travel trailers, two SOB fifth wheels, and now with Montana being our third. All of them had issues of which most were corrected by me. We liked the features that Keystone / Montana had to offer and decided to go with them.

As with our past SOBs, they also had forums that also had a wealth of information. I do find that the MOC group tends to be more of the type to do the work yourself instead of taking back for service as compared to the other forums, but the important part is the information that is shared with all these. Yes the MOC is a real good one, so far this group, from my point of view, is the best. It is always nice to learn what the weaknesses are with units, and not having to "rediscover the wheel". This allows me to correct issues prior to having difficulties on the road.

I have always found that RVs require work. It doesn't matter what brand, they all have their problems. I had always know this and I am prepared to correct problems as they arrive. I look at it this way, sometimes fixing it is part of the experience. I know some people just want to hook up and go and never have to turn a wrench. I will say typically 99.9% of our trip are uneventful. But if that .1% raises its head, I will be ready for it. It is just part of the experience of RVing.

jhudson is offline   Reply With Quote