Thread: Live and learn
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #14
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Sandy (scurry1529)……

First of all, welcome to the MOC. It’s good to see another woman posting on here. This place has been overrun by the men for way too long now. I’m thinking the women need to take it back like it used to be in the good old days.

Don’t let these jokesters get to you. I know they all mean well but are just having a hard time understanding someone who is traveling with an RV and not staying in it during their travels.

I’m sure you have a mighty fine reason for doing so, you just haven’t divulged it and you really shouldn’t have to. All that matters is that you asked for some help/advice and that’s what you should expect to get. Around this place though that help and advice is always served with a few chuckles.

This really IS a great place to turn to though. The camaraderie is wonderful, and you’ll meet some mighty fine people on here, and you’ll have plenty of opportunity to meet them in person while traveling. They are the first people to jump in and help when someone is having a crisis, needs serious help or just wants to sit around and enjoy a happy hour (or two) or share a meal.

Be sure to look around the website here, order some MOC merchandise like license plate holders and/or bumper stickers that will identify you as MOCers so when another member sees your truck or Montana they can identify that you are now part of this great family and they will take the extra time to meet you and see how you are doing. There’s also shirts, sweatshirts, MOC flags, MOC “business cards” and too much other stuff for me to list.

Florida is currently loaded with MOC members, most them can be found on the beaches with drinks in their hands that have those little umbrellas sticking out of the glass. The rest of them (me included) are freezing somewhere else around the USA/Canada.

Once you land in Florida, let us know where. I’m thinking there will be some other MOC members already there nearby that would love to meet and welcome you to the MOC and the sun in person.

Oh and one last thing…… why the heck aren’t you staying in the Montana??? Hahaha… no, don’t answer that. I just couldn’t help joining in with the other jokers. It appears that you are on a deadline and need to get to your destination by a certain date. We’ve all done it.

Again, welcome to the MOC. Look me up if you ever get to the West Coast.

Margee.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote