View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #14
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
Hi Jack, My previous RV was broken into twice. I understand your being upset.

They took the windshield out, crawled in over the dash, took all the electronics, opened the door from the inside and off they went. How do you protect yourself from folks like that.

My 14 has the 751 locks on the front compartment doors and really nothing of high value in there. The side compartments have the slam latches so they are keyed different.

I bought a set of 4 keyed alike locks and have the LP tank straps secured with 2 of them. The other 2 move around as needed. It is really handy to have 4 alike, finding the right key is much easier.

In this economy, it is only going to get worse. If they want it, they will find a way.

Rich, the logic on the LP door is not to secure the bottles, but to allow anyone the ability to reach the valve on the tank and turn it off if need be. (in case of fire) Look at motorhomes. The compartment the tank is in does not have a lock on it. DOT only requires access to the valves.

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote