Thread: 3100RL
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
We have the 2013 3100RL and we travel with rolling cabinet, that we affectionately call the 'battering ram' right beside the kitchen counter between the refrigerator and the fireplace. I have a mark on the vent on the floor so I know exactly where to place it and then I lock the wheels. I have a pool noodle cut in half and sliced length wise on the edge that is towards the front of the 5th wheel. We have traveled on severely poor winter roads from Billings Montana to Quartzsite Arizona and it didn't budge and inch. Some of the potholes we hit were significant so I trust that it is not going to move. One key note, it MUST be closer to the fridge than the dining room slide because the dining room slide comes in further and the carpet will curl up underneath it. If you want pictures let me know. I don't put it between the recliners because I do not want to roll it onto the carpet as it is heavy and I don't want dents in my carpet.

Hope that helps! As for the unit itself we LOVE it!!! We love that the bathroom is all in one, the only absolute requirement that we had. We love the fact that the bathroom is fully accessible while on the road and we have slept in it with none of the pop outs out when we knew we were going to get on the road early the next day. As for not being able to access things that is a very minor inconvenient. We seriously considered the 3150RL but did not like that the sink was in our bedroom, and that the toilet and shower were separate. Other than that we liked that floorplan too. Too each his own! Have fun choosing the rig that suits your needs best!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote