View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
New 2014 Big Sky starting January 2014

I've had conversations with two Keystone sales reps in the last mounth. Keystone is making big changes to the Big Sky starting in January 2014. These proposed changes are almost set in stone. I am reporting as accuratly as I can and with the information given to me. Keystone feels it has missed some of the market by not offering a higher end product. They only produced 66 Big Sky's in 2013. At the same time frame companies like Red Wood produced (guess) over 500 units.
The new Big Sky will only have a couple of options such as choise of three paint body colors, factory generator and interior decor and recliners or stadium seating. All of the new changes will come with a new price tag. All of the options that are now available now become standard. Except generator and 2nd ac.
Keystone introduced these new changes at the Louisville RV Dealer show in November and non attending dealers have been notified.

I am going to attempt to list proposed new changes:

1. 100 inches wide. This allows some furnature changes.
2. load range H tires
3. 8,000lb axles
4. disc brakes
5. power cord reel
6. adding a 3rd paint color (maroon)
7. changing the present paint sceme
8. higher end paint finish
9. raised letter badge and new decals(graphics)
10. 5 models only offered; exclusive to Big Sky only
11. led light in awning
12. dishwasher

Besides these changes new and upgraded cealing fan, cealing finish, lighting, wood finish (cabnets and trim), furnature, and fixtures.

Keystone will have one of these new Big Sky's at the upcoming Tampa RV Show. They will not have one at the Denver show. The sales reps are going to pass information along to me as things are finalized. Web site will be updated as changes are settled on by Keystone.

Thanks,
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote