View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 04:18 AM   #11
Richard
Established Member

M.O.C. #2499

In re-reading, I'm not sure if I was very clear. Our black tank wasn't really plugged up. It was certainly not clean, but once I fixed the problem with the flushing system leaking, I put one of those "clear plastic" sections in front of the waste hose (leading to the sewer) and flushed until the water ran crystal clear. It took quite a while....1 1/2 hours or more.

The really plugged up part was the 3" PVC pipe going down to the tank (which the flushing system cannot reach) and the only thing long enough was the snake. Once I poked a hole in fecal material, the toliet started to slowly drain, which I then augmented with about 15 buckets of water down the now-freely flowing toliet.

Before putting a snake down the tube, I ground off the sharp edge on the snake "coil" so that if it contacted any rubber seals, it wouldn't cut them.

We have had no further problems or leaks, so it seems to have worked. (we also changed to a non-formaldehyde odor additive)

Richard

P.S. In case you haven't figured it out, I'm a big fan of "do it myself". Drives my wife nuts.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote