View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #18
Stichwerks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8548
I don't know if I am doing this correctly but here is a link to some of the pictures.

I started on the passenger side at the entrance and worked my way to the rear and drivers side. You need to put together a few planks before putting into position. With there not being a wall to hammer against it is easier to put together a few planks and then slide them in place and build from there.I just left the edges at the slide-outs free floating. There is no nails or glue used in the floor. The floor is a full floating one and a couple of items to be careful of to keep it floating. Be sure to leave a gap at all the walls and where the floor registers are screwed to the floor you need to drill the hole though the laminate bigger than the screws so that the floor can float around that also. I also drilled the holes bigger on the metal step edge at the entrance. When putting the trim pieces on for the edges you can use the pre-finished pieces that match the flooring and be sure to nail it to the wall or the sub-floor not the laminate floor. These floors do not like water so I did not do the bathroom. If you do a bathroom or shower area be sure to silicone all the edges. Clean up on the floor is a simple dry mop for most days and I use a swifter or laminate mop and cleaner if it gets bad. Our floor has had heavy usage by the kids and is subject to lots of sand from the beach in Mexico. With the upgraded floor padding with moisture barrier I think we are close to what the carpet had for temperature transfer from the floor. This is a very easy project and took only 1 day. Let me know if anyone needs other details.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10724457...8530/5thWheel#