View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #35
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First of all I want to THANK EVERYONE for their responses. It's a great comfort when you know people really do care.

Secondly, After re-reading my original post I guess I did come off as being not to positive about my present condition and it's out come. When I made the post I was sorta in a depressed mood but that mood has kinda passed.
There is no doubt about the stones. THEY ARE THERE. Right now my biggest concern with the stones is that they don't decide to try to pass before I get back to Clearwater and a lot closer to the VA hospital.
I am some what concerned about the growth but the doctor's actual words were "it looks like a growth", with the emphasis on "looks". What he was looking at and showed me was a slightly darker area on the bladder. We were looking at the results of a Cat Scan and yes the area he indicated was just slightly darker. I have never looked at a Cat Scan and I ain't no [s]brain[/s]bladder surgeon or a urologist but I did see other areas just as dark if not darker. I really had questions about this hospital. Hell they didn't even have the equipment to go in and get the stones. They would have sent me to the Bronx. YES the BRONX as in a boro of NY city. My response to that was "No Way ain't gonna happen" not this guy.
This is another reason for returning to Bay Pines VA Hospital. I've been going there for years and I know they have a great staff of qualified physicians and surgeons. Their urology department is tops and I will feel much more comfortable with a hospital that I have faith in.

Anyway, I am hoping that the stones will be blown away and the growth is nothing more than a dark spot and if not it is totally benign. If I can get this worked out in time I just may make it to the Great Lakes rally and there ain't no way I won't make it to Goshen. The Virginia Rally is still in the back of my mind.

Again THANKS EVERYONE!!!!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote