View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 04:25 PM   #28
montanaowner
Established Member

M.O.C. #26686
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandC View Post
There are thousands and thousands of folks that convert a fifth wheel or travel trailer into a permanent "park model" and live in it on a lot. It never moves and many times it is actually sitting on blocks with skirting around it. To me these folks are not full time RVers or any type of RVers, they are just folks living in a residence.

Then there are thousands and thousands of folks who live full time in their RV and either travel a little or travel a lot. To me these folks are full time RVers.

The OP came to the right place for advise on how to maintain his Montana and what possible parts to have on hand. But the OP is not a full time RVer IMHO.
Oh my god. So if it makes you feel any better. I am a guy who travels from contract to contract and lives in my 5th wheel full time. In between the times that I am going from contract to contract that is.

The Webster's definition "spending or requiring all of the time normally given to an activity. Opposite of part-time." Kind of fits the Webster's definition. Fits it closely. I don't know what colloquialism you are referring to. Maybe your definition of "full time" doesn't fit the Websters?

So, in a few minutes Mister "you aint full time because I say so", I am going to jerk the refrigerator out of the back of the truck. Took a 180 mile round trip to pick it up from the shop. Hopefully I can wrestle it back into the hole and get it hooked up this evening. At least without major orthopedic trauma. At this age.......it is a risk.

As an aside, I have about half a dozen boards that I bought. RV systems are pretty simple.....except for that. Vulnerable computer boards and I figure going for the low hanging fruit before pulling systems apart is a good use of my limited time and expense. Bought some shark bites. Great suggestion. I am a bit modest. I have a great tool chest and actually know how to use the tools. I've gone cordless and thank god for that. What a hand saver. So, thanks to everyone who made good suggestions.

Getting back to Mister Aint no full timer..........it shouldn't take me but a few minutes to get the refer hooked up. Getting it back in is the challenge. I guess if you are a "real" full timer you can just pull in a shop and get the techs to do it. Putting in that service call now. Hello.

As for the person who suggested I get an identical rig for spare parts. Would it be out of line to suggest a place where you can store it until I need it? I am sure it would fit although there might be a bit of cephalgic crowding.

I am not allowed to flame anyone now. Pity I used my one get out of jail free card already.
montanaowner is offline   Reply With Quote