View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 08:05 AM   #15
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
As for how often do you need to pack the bearings, I would think the mileage would determine how often you would need to do this. I had mine packed by a well know west coast tire shop in Aug last year. This was right before we left on our east coast winter trip. I knew we were going to put on quite a few miles so I wanted to repack them before we left. I had some extra time so I wanted to do them myself this time and boy was I glad I did. I had one of my hubs and rotor that was wore to bad to be turned after inspection. Granted we put about 12,000 miles on the trailer but I didn’t expect to see this problem as the didn’t mention anything about the brakes needed to be serviced. He did have to replace one bearing at that time. Since I have the Morryde I/S it was a little difficult to locate a new hub. I eventually bought one from Morryde and them them ship it to me in Olympia. Cost of the hub/rotor and new bearings was $329.00 including shipping.
I was able to locate brake pads at Napa after I came up with a cross reference car model that I found on my internet. After telling them I needed front pads for a 1990 Buick Century they found the needed pads.
So if it was me I would probably wait, but that’s me. I would lift the trailer and make sure there is not any extra play in the wheel assembly as that’s easy to check.