Thread: "We Lost It"
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
As for the computer problem, it sounds like the power outage and resulting Windows being turned off improperly may have caused a file corruption.

The good news is that if you go into Safe Mode (either F5 when booting or F8, I forget which one), then let it boot completely in Safe Mode. Boot with the "last known good" option. After it completely boots, then shut down the system properly. Then restart the system normally. This can oftentimes repair the file corruption.

The bad news is if this does not work, I hope you created recovery discs for your system because you might have a corrupted startup file and the only way to fix this is with the system/recovery discs.

Note, I have very much simplified what to do. If you have never done this it can be complicated and you can cause more damage. Then you'll need to find a qualified computer repair person to get you past this. If this is the case, be very descriptive of the problem you are having and things you did to attempt repair, so it can help the technician seek the proper recovery.

Best of luck!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote