Thread: GPS Devices
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
We upgraded to the Garmin Dezl 760 a few months ago and the jury is still out on whether we like it or not. Like JandC, we've had numerous units over the last 7 years and have always stuck with Garmin as IMHO it has been the most user friendly brand. I love the huge display and it has been the best unit so far when pointing out traffic problems ahead, but some of the routes it wants to take us on in Truck/RV mode are kind of silly. In car mode it works just like our 1490T as for routes.

Garmin needs to get with Texas on speed limits as both units are frequently wrong there, but that's a mapping issue not a unit issue. In the 7 years of using GPS systems, Garmin has only got us miss directed a handful of times and at that nothing bad we couldn't drive out of easily.

The truck/rv mode did save our bacon on this last trip. We are 13'6" tall with our Sat Dish up there, measured, when hooked up to the Truck. I knew of a shorter route but didn't realize there was a bridge that was 13' on that route so the wife took it in her car and I took the route the Dezl wanted me to take. She called me and told me about the bridge. I do like the warnings it gives about sharp curves also, although some of them are just swurves in the road.

Over all, I like it, but I guess I was just expecting a little more.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote