View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Jaybird, thanks for bringing that up. I'm sure we can come up with something...personally, I'd be happy to grill up some nice chicken breast, etc. for those that can't eat fish. Any thoughts are appreciated, and I'd be happy to try and take care of any issues like this.

I'd like to clarify a few things on this. First, it was my idea to do this fish fry. Lake Erie perch are a real treat, and some from other parts of the country may never have tried it...and I don't mean one that comes from the local chain restaurant I mean from a place that signatures it. Sandusky Fish Co. isn't a normal restaurant...they have a picnic table outside, and that's about it for seating. They specialize in perch and walleye, selling most like a fish market but do a LOT of fish fries/sandwiches. Currently, fresh perch is selling for between 9.50 and 12.50 a pound, just to give you an example of the costs around here. I'm sure I could get us a fish fry cheaper, but I figured we'd be better off doing the best of the area....plus, they are close enough so that I can make this happen in a timely fashion...more of a "catered" style, if you will. They gave me a bulk/package price, based on enough fish, etc. to feed us all. I was also thinking about making up some of my award winning NE clam chowder to go with the fish fry as well.

Now, this thread is to find out if there's enough interest and to sign up so that if there IS enough interest, we can go forward. If not enough sign up, or if there's to many "issues" we'll just call 'er a day and move on to something else. No harm, no foul.
Thanks for listening.
Bill

Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote