View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 05:48 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
We have the 2007 3400RL and we enjoy it. We had a 2003 2955RL before that and also enjoyed it.

We have been pretty lucky with both of ours, but I do have a high tolerance. I practice the following to stay sane
  • I don't swear I will never buy another Monatana whenever something breaks, because I already did buy another Montana, so I would be lying.
  • My Montana cost about the same as it's competitor, so expecting higher quality equipment or even craftsmanship would be a unrealistic expectation on my part.
  • The Montana is an assembly of other products used by most RV manufacturers, so if my Apollo Microwave breaks or my Lippert pump fails, I can pretty well rest assured it would have broke on the other brand RV as well
  • If I push hard enough I can get my Dealership to fix every single item on my Montana, but then I don't always want him to. He will only fix it to the original design. I can vastly improve most fixes.
Before we took delivery on our 3400RL, I used the MOC "search" feature and created a list of known problems and the fix performed by other owners here. I used the list for my delivery inspection, and after I got the rig home I spent a week going through everything on the list. I would like to say it helped me avoid many problems. Simple items included tightening water connections, checking tape seals on slides, etc.

The only problem we have had specific to the 3400 was a cracked sink in the kitchen (cosmetic only). It was just replaced under warranty.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote