View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
jdechirico

M.O.C. #7254
Were new this forum also

Hi there, were Jan and Joe and were just getting started it what looks like a great lifestyle.

Our local Monatana dealer point us here and suggested we talk to other Montana owners to help us make up our minds.

I have been combing manufactures websites and other forums for the past couple of months. Its no longer a question of if we were to buy a 5th wheeler but when.

Today we spent most of the day in Cleburne Tx at a dealership and went through at least 30 different models comparing what we saw to a list of things that we felt we wanted in an rv there were over 1500 units on the lot.

My better half has settled on the Montana 3650RK with some upgrades. For me there are a couple of problems, I had a knee replaced a year ago and the darn thing is still really stiff, so those steps into the rv are a challenge, does anyone make a retractable ramp for an rv? Also the chair in the "throne room" is a little on the low side, do they may taller units?

Our long term goal is to spend at least 6 months of the year in the rv. I write computer software and can work from anywhere where I can get a high speed internet connection.

But first we need to downsize down size our permanent residence (way down) all we need is space to hold the stuff we don't want on the road and a place to park the rv between trips.

As far as a haul vehicle I am torn between a gmc 3500 duramax/allison and the ford f350 if anyone has any opinions either way I would like to hear them.

Any now that we have decided on entering the world of RV's we cant wait to get on the road and see the things that we have missed for the past 40 years, we hope to meet others with the same idea.

Thanks,

Jan & Joe
jdechirico is offline   Reply With Quote