Thread: Dealer Ratings
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #254
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
I'd like to see a list of "service only" shops; probably a pretty short one.
I don't live in your area and to be honest where we live in New Mexico there is a shortage of just about every type of business. There are however an unusually large number of Mobile repairmen that service the unusually high number of campers related to the oilfield boom in this area. Hands down I would rather the mobile guys around here do my work (on rare occasion I need it) than ANY sales dealership service department I have seen!

But near our home in Arkansas there was about a half dozen repair only shops. They may not be as numerous as the sales dealerships but they do FAR better work and are a LOT faster. Their business model depends on those characteristics! A sales dealership can be very successful even with lousy service as they make their money on SALES!

And even if you can't find a good service only RV business, you can get nearly everything on your camper repaired by other types of services. Frames can be repaired by welders, flooring by flooring companies, electrical by electricians. But I would have to say the very best person to do the repair work would have to be Y O U!!!

It all boils down to not have your camper sit at a sales dealerships service department for MONTHS for repairs that could be completed in a day just because you want to have it covered under warranty! I get it that if it is a major repair that will cost thousands. But seriously, your gonna be without your unit for months to save a couple hundred? And go thru all that frustration when the inexperienced techs do a substandard job? REALLY??

Come on folks, dump those third rate sales dealership service departments. You don't need that kind of aggravation! Jump on the band wagon and lets see if we can pressure Keystone/Thor to authorize some quality repair only shops to do their warranty work. We NEED THIS TO HAPPEN!!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote