View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 06:21 AM   #64
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
HOGWASH! First, anyone can be sued for anything. Second, the person AT FAULT is the liable party. Lastly, I wish folks would stop with this..
Now, get the weight of that truck BEFORE you buy. My guess is that the weighs in at near 9000 lbs with fuel and two people and hitch. If the Gvwr of that 3/4 ton is 10,000, the weight of the pin is too much, as it leaves 1000 pounds of leeway.. Do yourself a huge favour, Get a 1 ton dually long bed.. I DO see many GMS but i have no idea what the tow ratings are.. i do think the new Generals are more tow capable, whereas it was FORD AND RAMS..
I did not state it, did not think I had to ( read between the lines) and assume the accident was the fault of the over loaded tow rig.

You are right, everyone should know ALL the (real world) weight #s of the truck and camper that they want to tow and purchase a truck capable of towing the rig you want/have safely and within the trucks ratings. If the truck you have is not up to par to tow that monster fifth wheel, choose a smaller/lighter unit.

But the fact is most don't do it. They just wing it and do whatever they want.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote