View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 12:06 AM   #1
drschaaf
Established Member

M.O.C. #23218
Possible compensation for tire failure

Okay group here’s the deal.
I have a 2019 Montana High Country 305RL that I’ve only had for 8 months and probably put maybe 7000 miles on so far. Had to replace my first OEM tire two months ago when it picked up a construction spike. Obviously nobody’s fault it just happens. Had to borrow tools to mount the spare since Keystone doesn’t even supply a lug wrench (at least that I could find). So then went out and bought my own torque wrench and breaker bar for future events.

Just had to replace my second OEM tire when we had a blowout on a Los Angeles expressway at 5PM on Labor Day. Great fun replacing that on the side of the road with the help of CA highway patrol with traffic whizzing by.

After that bit of fun and reading this forum I’ve become convinced to go out and get new Sailuns ST235/80R16 rather than wait for the next “boom”.
Tried to get them while on this trip, but wasn't in any place long enough to get them delivered and could find absolutely nobody who actually stocks them.

So anyway after all that onto my questions. The America Tires guy I bought the new replacement from said he couldn’t see anything obviously wrong with the blown tire. He didn’t necessarily seem like a tire expert, but any opinion on whether Keystone or the tire manufacturer would prorate me on that tire failing on so few miles? And question two, any thoughts about likelihood of Keystone covering the undercarriage damage caused by the blowout? It wasn’t terrible, but there was damage.

Thanks in advance.
drschaaf is offline   Reply With Quote