View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 11:29 PM   #38
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
With the trailers you're looking at, I would strongly suggest a 1 ton dually (diesel of course). Could you get by with a gasser? Barely...as someone else said, (haven't checked the specs) you will be "under trucked" with a 3/4 ton especially a gasser.
If you're set on Ford, an F350 SRW diesel would get the job done, but a dually would be a better choice, again IMO.
Since I went from my '06 Ram 2500 Diesel Megacab to my current truck (see sig) it is like night and day. And my previous truck had custom suspension and plenty of power and torque, but towing with a dually 1 ton with a heavy trailer is the way to go. My .03

EDIT: OP, Just saw your comment regarding condescending and demeaning posts...sorry you took anything the wrong way, I honestly didn't see anything like that. I've been on this forum for 10 years and almost without exception, everyone is helpful and pretty darn polite.