View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 01:46 PM   #9
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbrewguy View Post
What should do about getting the mail now that we sold the house and are going full time? I've heard some about South Dakota Residence and want to look into it further, but what about the meantime? We're vacating The Peoples Republic of California.
99% of our mail has been switched to online. I think I can count on one hand the number of pieces of actual mail we now get in a year. I just got one the other day because I purchased their products 10 years ago. I have no idea how they got the address I am using now and see no way to stop that one but it's only about 1 mailing a year so my buddy who is the address I use doesn't mind. I gather the rules in the USA are very different compared to Canada. I am voluntarily houseless (I have a home) but can't put that on my official documents like banking and vehicle related. Fortunately all my banking is done without paper anymore. Tomorrow will be tricky because we have to adjust our distance to work but not change our address since we are moving from my buddies house (our address too) to a campground. If anyone asks, my address on my drivers license is correct, we are on vacation at a different location. AFAIK there is no law limiting how long a vacation can be. In our case it will be 19 months followed by 5 months travelling. While travelling my buddy can scan anything that looks like real mail as opposed to marketing junk
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote