View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Wintering up north while boondocking...that is pretty extreme. Your solar array and battery bank would have to be huge to support tank heaters, electric heating sources, etc. Any type of wood burning heating device other than a pellet stove would be a major fire risk as these trailers are only a little less prone than a cardboard box. I would look at getting a large service propane tank delivered and hooked up to run the furnace. Even doing this, the battery bank and solar would have to be sized to support your wattage/current needs given no shore power. You also would have to skirt the trailer in rigid foam board to keep air movement under the trailer at a minimum. I know people that live in trailers all winter in santa fe new mexico at 7000 plus feet on shore power with large service propane tanks and their sewer connection contained within a 10 or 12 inch insulated duct tubing as well as heated water hose.