Thread: dry heat
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I lived in Tucson from 1988 to 1992. Don't let anyone kid you about dry verses wet heat; HOT IS HOT, when it gets over 100 it really doesn't matter. The heat drove us to Alaska after 5 years. We did have, and used, a swamp cooler except for July and August. They have, what they call, monsoon season. This is almost daily thunderstorms which increases the humidity during those months to the point that a swamp cooler only adds to the humidity so we had to use our AC. I also think your two AC's should cool alot, but I would not expect a 75 degree trailer on a 110 degree day. I have not lived in that heat in my Montana but others say the AC will cool down about 20 degrees from ambient temp, this would depend on the humidity, of course. However, IF one should go out, you will slowly roast.

My youngest son lives in Phoenix and loves it, except for July and August. He got married in July of '04 and that day was about 108, I ALMOST HAD A STROKE. Will not visit him in the summer, nope, no way. We will be there after the Spring Rally next year but only until about mid April, hopefully before it hits 100, usually sometime in May this happens. I'm told Phoenix has more swimming pools per capita than any other city in the nation, probably why the humidity is so high.

If I had to go back during the summer, I would want an energy efficient house or apartment to stay in.

I hope I have shed some light on the dessert situation. Also, remember this is just my opinion.....

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote