View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 01:11 AM   #20
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Pasternak

Orv; I have a kind of a dumb question: Aren't your mirrors wider than your trailer. My mirrors would hit the wall before the trailer. Glad it was fixed to your satisfaction, though.
Bob, no question is dumb. It's how we all learn, by asking those questions that probably more than half the rest of the people would like to ask. You just got there first.

The problem was caused by a pole with a huge SBC telephone box hanging off it that somebody had hit and swung it into the alley. That's what I hit. My mirrors are the Ford "Swing Away" mirrors on which I have the stick-on mirrors attached to the corners that allow me to see directly into my blind spots. There was plenty of room for the truck to get through and, if I had been watching my right side closer I would have seen the box hanging down. As it was, I was just a little careless. Lesson learned. There's an old saying, "We get too soon old and too late smart." But I'm one of those guys that maintains that "you can teach an old dog new tricks." You can bet your last dollar that I'll be more alert from now on.

I think we all get a little complacent as we travel, especially those of us who are on the road continuously. We take a lot of things for granted instead of practicing real safety all the time.

Thank everyone for their consoling words and concern.

Orv ? Marge
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote