Thread: Disneyworld
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #17
Mont77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22674
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosssmith View Post
With your crowd what we do is not practical for you but I felt compelled to speak up anyway. Please read the very last paragraph if nothing else. They are words of wisdom for anyone going to Disney World.

Wife and I park our Monty at Fort Wilderness each time we go. It is a beautiful campground with many activities if one chooses to do them - most cost something. Trails End is a good restaurant for down home eating and especially for breakfast. All meals are served buffet style and are all anyone cares to eat. Crockett's Tavern will serve you an adult beverage and is a great place to unwind in the evening if one chooses to do so. The boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom is really fun and the bus connections to other areas and resorts are easily made at the Outpost and they are included with your parking fee. Once you get you RV set up you will not need you pickup to run around in unless you just want to or need to go into town.

We always reserve a golf cart to run around on in the park. It saves a great deal of time getting to either the boats or the Outpost bus stop over riding the campground busses. When I walk up to one of the bus stops I can usually see my buss driving off so I am in for about a twenty minute wait. Being an old guy my walking range is limited so we use the cart to minimize walking in the campground and plan our park visits so that everything we want to do is within my range and we have Fast Passes for each ride or show to basically eliminate standing in line.

Yes I have rented Disney ECV's when I was less able to travel and they are great in the parks if you need them. I believe they are first come first serve and I have wanted one and found they were out but now I can do without them. Yay me!

We do not necessarily goto a park each day as we may goto Disney Springs or take a swamp tour to look at the 'gators or do something else or sometimes we just stay in the Campground for the day. I am 71 and we are not compelled to do "everything" each time we go. We always buy annual passes and go twice within that year. We were there in October just before Halloween for eight nights and the parks were not overly crowded and we had a great time there.

I cannot stress enough getting reservations many months in advance for anything you choose to do and be sure you work the Fast Pass system for all it's worth. You will be glad you did!
I agree about reservations early. We made our reservations for Fort Wilderness in August for December 2019. I have called back several time to add a day on and they are totally booked. My daughter tried to get a spot as well right after Christmas and she was not able to do that since they had nothing available.
Mont77 is offline   Reply With Quote