View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #12
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 4 beader

....Also, is the convection microwave the same thing as the half time oven...
Brad,
Apollo Half Time Oven is a trademark of Apollo. Any search on "half time oven," will render Apollo after Apollo. Based on my research, the combined simultaneous cooking with microwave and convection is a design of Apollo.

I was trying to answer the original post and explain the differences between convection and microwave and the Apollo combining the two. I have a Sharp Convection/Microwave sitting in the closet to give to my son when he returns from Iraq. I bought it 8 years ago at Sears for 600+ bucks. (I just have to buy everything when it first comes out) The sharp is not a half time oven. It cooks convection or microwave but not simultaneously like the Apollo does.

The Apollo coined the phrase "half time oven," because it uses convection and microwave simultaneously and reduces the cooking time to achieve the half time formula. A regular convection oven will reduce the cooking time of a gas/electric oven by 25-30%. And of course, microwave cooks in minutes but it does not automatically "brown," items nor use convection simultaneously unless it is a "half time oven."

Maybe I'm still confused - it's getting late and the Oscars are over.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote