Thread: New Wheels
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Okay, exavtr8tr, where do you find this rating on the wheel? I have custom aluminum wheels that came with the rig. Where is this mysterious rating every talks about? I just got new Marathon E-rated (3420 lbs @ 80psi) tires on my rig that meet my trailer's current GVWR so I don't need anything right now, but NEXT time I might look for G-rated tires. I don't plan on exceeding the GVWR of the trailer, but I don't mind thinking about installing stronger tires just to gain that extra rating.

I have been under my trailer with the creepy crawlie looking everywhere on the tire with a flashlight and a magnifying glass with no luck. Is the thing stamped on the wheel part that's next to the brake drum and that's why I can't see it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Did you see there's another post where someone describes that there's a stamped rating and then there is a stickon paper that has a higher rating on it for their wheels? How would you like to have that problem? At least you aren't gonna mess around and just get REAL wheels with a pounded STAMP with the correct rating.

btw - DW and I have been through the 1000Trails in Clermont, FL after leaving 1000Trails in Orlando and when we were passing through on our way to the Keys. VERY NICE and GREEN. You don't get any alligators there do you?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote