View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #12
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Well today DW and I took our time and photographed the pin box before hitching and after connecting trying to see if there was any difference in the gap between the front cap and the pin box. She also took videos out the back window of the TV while going down various roadways and then out onto the highway. Some expansion joints along the way giving the Montana a good jostling. The top of the level to the bottom rim of the fiberglass cap provided an accurate reference. I must confess now that we’ve put our full attention into this, I don’t know how I imagined even one inch of bounce. There was in fact about 1/4” at most times and worse case maybe 1/2”. Now DW knows I’m losing it
Thank you all members who responded. We can honestly say that after our first year in the Montana and several thousand miles traveled, there have been no issues. Although we did replace the Marathons when we first took possession of the Monty to avoid a possible problem, it would be nice if Keystone started to offer an upgrade tire.
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote