View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by drsmart

Thanks dieselguy and PapaBeav. I received several replies on another RV forum as well regarding this. Amazing that I've traveled for a year assuming this to be normal in a new trailer. I'm a little disappointed that more MOC'ers haven't responded regarding how much flex they have or don't have. It may be one of those subjects that most don't want to talk about or get tired of reading about and I can understand that.
Aside from this concern, the Montana has taken very good care of us. Any issues so far have been small and few.

Dave
I have posted over and over about the flex in our 2000 Montana. Ours had about 1 3/4 inches of flex and there were no broken welds! I had it repaired by Truck Builders in Marion, Iowa for a little less than $3500.00. It now has about 1/4 inch flex which is considered normal. The rig was six years old when they worked on it. Two years before that (2004) Keystone made their standard repair but it was mostly cosmetic (replaced cracked fiberglass). Truck Builders welded in gussets to hold the two sides of the frame together such that they couldn't move sideways from one another. Plus, they welded a four inch steel plate across the front of the frame for strength. In addition, they did some aluminum welding on the side in front of the bedroom slide to prevent any shifting of the structural aluminum.

I hope this helps some.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote