View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 08:07 AM   #12
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
I have the Norcold 1210, it's the 12 cu. ft. 4 door fridge. I would get ice build up on the fins and like all RV fridges it didn't cool that great. I keep it on the coldest setting, 9. I have the wireless refridgerator and freezer temp sensors so I don't have to open the door to reed the temps. In fl. in the summer outside temp in the 90"s if I kept the doors closed most of the day the fridge temp would hover around mid to upper 40's and the freezer would be mid to upper 20's . In the morning when I wake up, with the doors being closed all night, the fridge temp would be 41-44 and freezer maybe 20-27. I also had one of those small blue fridge fans with the 2 D batteries from Camping World which really didn't make much of a difference because it is too small for my fridge.
So I bought the Fridge Fix fans from Smart RV products that is custom made for my Norcold 1210 model fridge. They also have them for Dometic models. It's not cheep but It is worth it. I went camping for the first time, with it installed, 3 weeks ago and all thought the outside temps were only in the mid 80's my fridge temp dropped dramatically and there was no ice or condensation on my cooling fins. My temp display also displays the highest and lowest temps reached. I still had the fridge set on 9 and In the morning when I woke up my lowest fridge temp was 34 and my lowest freezer temp was -2. During the day the fridge temp was mid to upper 30's and the freezer stayed in the single digits.
When I use to opened and closed the door as fast as possible to get something in or out the temps would rise 5 to 10 degs and take around 45 mins to an hour to recover. Now when I open the door, the same amount of time, the temp rises 2 to 4 degs and recovers in 5 to 10 mins depending on the temp rise.
The model that fit my fridge was product #4 and I think is the largest one. It has 3 cooling fans that are 4 inches in diameter and have blue led lights inside. I removed the bulb from the normal fridge light and only use the blue lights. Now instead of having that bright white light come on when I open the door at night it is now a nice soft blue light.
Here's a link for how it works. Click the links at the top of the page to navigate the site.
Plus a picture of mine installed.

How it works:
https://smartrvproducts.com/works/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0976 (1).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	3855   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0974 (1).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	184.1 KB