View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #20
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I understand your point but then you have to realize that we have 12 grandkids and a 42' 5th wheel that is 50 amp. Having someone that whose camper is 20' and only 15amp take up the ONE available spot that would accommodate my rig is just wrong!!

I am all for parks upgrading to ALL 50amp sites but there are a boat load of them that only have a half dozen spaces large enough to accommodate the larger rigs but they will have 30 or 40 sites that will accommodate smaller rigs.

I get the fact that nearly every campsite that is like what I just describes always tends to "upgrade" the nice locations down by the water or whatever and of course EVERYONE wants those sites. But it just isn't right to basically tell large rig owners your not welcome because there aren't any sites you will fit in because we gave them to mini campers is also wrong.
I agree with you. I will never try to go into any public CG again. If public CGs would charge by the length of the site and amenities at the site there would be large sites available.
3 years ago, mid-week in the Fl Panhandle we pulled out of a 1/2 full public CG after stopping for the night. I had a pull thru, FHU, 50 amp site. An SUV pulling a popup actually parked and waited for me to leave! Pulling out we noticed several empty sites, nearly every large site had a small unit on it, including one with only a tent. A MH that I saw arrive late had to be squeezed past as he was about 2' on the road after backing in as far as possible late at night. Maybe it is only Florida, but I swore off ALL public CGs that day.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote