View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 07:53 PM   #8
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
My thought is, yes a larger rig might be harder to find a site for BUT it is worth it!

I do think their should be RESTRICTIONS that don't allow a pop up camper to take up a 50 amp site designed for a larger rig (and it happens very often) if there are only a few at a given campground. That might sound elitist on the surface but truthfully it is only being fair. After all folks with big campers pay their share of taxes and deserve a campsite just as much as the folks with the mini campers!

Thankfully newer campgrounds are learning to make the sites larger and there seems to be a bit of a trend toward more resort style parks opening up. I suspect time will eventually whittle down the list of campgrounds that do not accommodate larger rigs as no one wants to stay at them with better choices just down the road.....I suppose some would say that the better parks are more expensive but we don't see an issue with that. After all the cost of the park is small compared to the cost of towing one of these monsters. I am more than happy to pay a premium for superior experience/accommodations when I just spent ten times that traveling to get there......
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote