View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Do you prefer vinyl or acrylic?

As some of you may have read of my recent awning plight, some strong winds have accelerated some separation of the vinyl covering from the underlying fabric. I know a new awning will be in my future and in contacting an awning service I'm wondering what would be best for me in value, time and money spent.

The service recommended three things:

a.) Replace the existing vinyl awning with another vinyl awning. Cost would be about $370 installed.

b.) Add a protective cover so that when the vinyl awning is retracted, the amount of sun beating down on the vinyl is lessened. Hopefully, this extends the life of the new vinyl awning. Cost would be about $100 additional.

c. Go with an acrylic awning which includes a cover. Approximate cost is &750 installed.

I am not so much concerned with the price as I am about the value. For example, if acrylic is so much better than vinyl, I'd spend the higher amount. It seems the awning protector is something I'd definitely want to extend the life of the awning.

What do you all think? Does option c, possibly provide double or triple the satisfaction I would get over option a? I recall some MOC members have replaced an awning and any experience and comments would be appreciated.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote