Thread: SOB FIRE
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The thing I check constantly is opening the "emergency egress" windows, but I know no one else in the rig knows about them, how the operate, nor do I remember to "go over them". In a panic I might even forget about them or try and put out a fire instead. If I do remember, the thing I hate about them is that they may save me from a fire initially but the fall will cripple me and then I'll succumb to a fire because I can't get away. This is not funny.

But in this case if only the front of that rig was on fire, there are emergency egress windows to the rear of any rig but in trying to save someone this now gets two or more people in trouble and this is what happens. It would be difficult to leave anyone behind and in this case and there might have been added difficulties of age, mobility, and removing seat belts. There's is just too much to think about in not being able to use safety equipment because of the human factor and other safety equipment.

Now we can only send prayers and sympathy for these people's friends and family!

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote