Thread: A Marine
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #16
jetenbu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11565
Here is a Navy vet that agrees with you guys 1000%. I was in a unit stationed in Thailand, went through Marine Corp hand to hand combat, Counter Insurgency training, had to qualify with the 45 cal. piston, M16 and 50 cal. machine gun, wore Marine fatigues, on an Air Force base in Thailand, doing a job for the Army. We lost 3 aircraft with a total of 20 men lost. Expected losses were much much higher by the authorities above. We contributed heavily to the support of the Army and Marines at Khe San and were accredited with the saving of many many lives through our efforts. We were prohibited of even discussing our mission for 30 years but recently it was declassified. We also received a Presidential Unit Citation and many of our air crewmen were inducted into the Air Crew Hall of Fame. I have always felt a kinship with the Marines having taken some of their training myself and having worn their uniforms. All I can say is Semper Fi Marines. I know from where you come! Keep up the GREAT work. I know you always will! We veterans really do appreciate you and root for you every day, every hour and every minute of or lives!
jetenbu is offline   Reply With Quote