View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
The monster of Penascola Beach!

We are currently in a beautiful RV Resort in Penascola Beach, Florida. The rear window of the Big Sky overlooks Santa Rosa Sound. Last night as we headed to bed there was a sound outside the back of our Rig that sounded like the roar of the gas jet on a hot air balloon or perhaps the roar of a fire breathing dragon. It lasted a couple seconds and ended. With all of the Naval aviation activity near hear or close proximity to the water, we thought that perhaps the source of the roar.

The roar repeated three or four times. Time to get dressed and go out to investigate. Down the side of the rig I go. I ease around the back. Can't see much, it's dark. I take one step and get slapped square in the chest with some cold liquid. As I retreat, my mind is wandering. Is there a spurt in the Big Sky? Can't be, there are no water lines in the rear. Did I discover some previously unknown monster from the deep? Doubtful, but who knows?

So now with flashlight in hand I tip toe to the source of the roar. Poking my head around the corner I found that the monster of Pensacola Beach was a rotating lawn sprinkler that had popped up out of the grass. So now with peace of mind it's time to shed the wet clothes, towel off and return to bed.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote