Thread: A Marine
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
A Marine

I have to share this with everyone. As I was pumping fuel in my truck the guy on the other side pumping fuel noticed that I had been a Marine. Don't know how he figured that out with Semper FI sticker on my truck, and wearing a Marine hat. Anyway we exchnged Semper Fi's and what units we were in and he said I want to shake your hand and tells me thank you for my service in Vietnam. I said thank you and asked him if he had served over in Iraq. He said yes sir 2 tours in Iraq, and one tour in Afghanistan. Then he proceeds to tell me that it didn't matter because I had fought the REAL war in Vietnam. I was astounded to the fact that this Marine had fought three times for our country and he felt I fought the war. I then proceeded to tell him.......Mr. I don't care what name the war has, when someone is shooting at you and you are trying to survive, its war plain n simple. I proceeded to shake his hand and thank him for his service. He tells me I don't think I could ever fight in the jungle, and I told him yes you could because you are a Marine and you do what it takes when you are a Marine, thats what we are. To all servicemen and women, please let me thank you for your service for our country, you are doing a great job. This comes from a very humble and suprised statement from another Marine. And to him I thank you very much.
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote